Call for Venture Research Proposals
Call for 2015 Research Grants has closed.
The Coller Institute of Venture (CIV) at Tel Aviv University (http://www.collerinstituteofventure.org) seeks to further enhance the understanding of the global venture ecosystem by forging a stronger connection between academic research and the business world. The Institute fosters collaborations between scholars, investors, policymakers, venture capitalists and entrepreneurs.
CIV’s research Grants aim to encourage and celebrate new academic research in the field of venture with the goal of making a significant contribution to understanding and shaping the venture ecosystem.
In 2015, the Institute will award up to three (3) unrestricted grants of up to $15,000 each.
Procedure, Eligibility and Requirements
Each grant is limited to $15,000, contingent on the research plan & budget.
The unrestricted grant can be used by the researcher for any reasonable expense or remuneration associated with the research. The host institution can charge overhead up to 5% of the grant (as part of the grant).
By submitting a proposal, the author agrees to re-packaging the results (or a version of it), as part of the Coller Institute of Venture Research media distribution (the author and/or the publishers of the results retain all rights for the work and it will be published under winner’s name).
- Submissions by December 1st, 2015 (midnight GMT UK Time) Original date was November 1st, 2015 .
- Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2016.
Research Focus and Topics
We welcome research on Venture, Innovation or Entrepreneurship and the interplay between them. All types of research are welcomed, including theoretical contributions, simulations, field studies, in-depth case studies, and prescriptive frameworks.
Some topics of interest for CIV’s 2015 Research Grants include:
- Models for investment in one of the value chains in the venture ecosystem (Public Authorities, Institutional Investors, Venture Capitalists, or Entrepreneurs).
- Surveys of GP/ LP investments or performance including analysis of themes and portfolios.
- In depth case-based research related to Venture, Innovation or Entrepreneurship. This could be a VC fund, policy ideas and implementation, a specific partnership, supported theories in developing innovation centric organizations, including both those ideas of what has worked and which have been less successful and the conditions under which these different outcomes have arisen.
- The essential roles of public authorities in the making / funding of Venture or encouraging innovation.
- The venture socio and macroeconomic ecosystem, IP and regulatory aspects in venture, etc.
- Innovative financial models, user funding, lending, corporate funding etc.
- Incubators, accelerators, and angle funding.
Additional topics for Grants may relate to:
- Venture Capital Contracting / Strategy.
- Corporate Venture Capital.
- New insights about Crowdfunding.
- Venture Capital vs. Stock Markets.
- Social and psychological effects on VC decisions.
- Deep innovation models (http://www.collerinstituteofventure.org/deep-innovation/).
Feel free to suggest more topics or ask about the relevancy of your work. We want to encourage creativity in venture research.
Document Format and Submission
The proposal (up to 2 pages on the main proposal and 2-3 pages of supporting appendices if needed) should include the research goal, method, current state of the art in your particular research area, and plan of action with timetable. The plan should be up to 12 months.
Send an email attached with the grant proposal (Word and PDF) and supplementary material to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal should also include the following information:
- Research title, researcher name, email and institution together with other relevant contact details (Telephone, Skype, etc.).
- The research plan and related budget (as noted earlier).
- List of 3-4 relevant works/prior papers from the past.
We suggest early submission so we can give feedback as needed.
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com