I’m writing to share with you our top five latest updates published by CIV.
(1) Can Venture Make or Break Universities — access papers from the Univenture Issue of Coller Venture Review
(2) Grants on “City Venture” Research — submission deadline: 30-Sep-2016
(3) Meet CIV in Berlin — see more details and request a ticket to our cocktail and award ceremony
(4) Should Start-Ups Worry About Brexit — guest post by Mark Humphery-Jenner
(5) Save the Date: Univenture Visions 2017 — 23-Apr-2017, Hong Kong
Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan, Executive Director
Coller Institute of Venture at Tel Aviv University
(1) Can Venture Make or Break Universities — learn from 10 cases of university venture success and failure in the newly published Issue #4 of Coller Venture Review.
Find out what is the secret sauce of Stanford’s office of tech transfer; and delve into univenture cases in Utah, India, Russia, Kenya and many others.
Access papers from the Univenture issue
(2) Grants on “City Venture” Research — CIV offers up to ten research grants of $3,000 each to successful proposals dedicated to City Venture. Grant winners will be invited to author a paper in Issue #5 of Coller Venture Review.
Submission deadline: September 30, 2016
See full call and submission guidelines
(3) Meet CIV in Berlin —
- Join our award ceremony and networking cocktail at the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin, 16-Sep-2016);
- Visit our booth at the Society of Strategic Management Berlin Conference
(SMS Berlin, 17-20-Sep-2016).
(4) Should Start-Ups Worry About Brexit? — What will the UK do to keep attracting startup employees, strike trade deals and respond to aggressive regulatory competition designed to attract startups?
Read the guest post by CIV Research Award winner Prof. Mark Humphery-Jenner, part of our Policy strand
(5) Save the Date: Univenture Visions 2017 — 23-Apr-2017, Hong Kong Science Park
AUTM Asia 2017 and CIV are proud to introduce UV2017HK — an exclusive pre-conference workshop that shall trigger the thinking and discussion necessary to evolve research universities into their new role as centers of venture and innovation.
Read more and sign up
(P.S.1) Share a Guest Post With the CIV Community — Members of our community wishing to share their news, insights or ideas in a guest post at the CIV website, are welcome to follow the guidelines for guest post submission.
(P.S.2) CIV Online Member Resources
- The Hare and the Tortoise: What Happens When Venture Meets the Humanities
- Models for Government Support for Deep Innovation
- 100 Years of Venture
- A Brief History of China’s VC Market
- Deep Innovation with Graphene Technologies
- Tulips, Gold Rush and Dotcom: Riding the Next Bubble
And numerous additional videos, presentations and articles
Become a CIV member