Call for Research Papers:
Call for 2014 Research Awards has closed.
The Coller Institute of Venture (CIV) at Tel Aviv University seeks to further enhance the understanding of global venture ecosystem by forging a stronger connection between academic research and the real business world. The Institute fosters collaborations between scholars, investors, policymakers, venture capitalists and high-tech professionals.
CIV’s research awards aim to encourage and support original academic research in field of venture with the goal of making a significant contribution to understanding and shaping the venture ecosystem. This award and the Institute will provide winners with a unique platform to discuss and disseminate their work.
There will be two categories of awards to encourage research undertaken at different stages within an academic career:
1) Coller Venture Senior Award – to holders of Doctoral degree
- US$10,000 + Trip to present at the “World Venture Forum” conference in Israel, 18-22 May, 2014 (hotel and air based on Tel Aviv Univ. regulations).
- 5 X 1000$ awards (runner – ups).
2) Coller Venture Budding Award – B.A., M.A. and Doctoral degree students.
- US$5000+ Trip to Present the “World Venture Forum” conference in Israel, 18-22 May 2014.
- 5 X 500$ awards (runner – ups).
Procedure, Eligibility and Requirements
The research papers sent by the candidate should be between 1500 to 5000 words, including an executive summary outlining the key questions and findings (300 words). By submitting a paper, the author agrees to it being uploaded to Coller Institute of Venture’s website and to re-packaging, as part of Coller Venture Award‘s media distribution (the author retain all rights for the work and it will published under his/her name).
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2014 (midnight Israel Time). Winners will be announced by April 1, 2014.
Research Focus and Topics
The Institute welcomes original research on Venture, Innovation or Entrepreneurship and the interplay between them. All types of research are welcomed, including theoretical contributions, simulations, field studies, in-depth case studies, and prescriptive frameworks.
The main topics of interest for CIV’s 2014 awards include:
- New models for investment in one of the value chains in the Venture ecosystem (Public Authorities, Institutional investors, Venture capitalists, Entrepreneurs).
- Surveys of GP/ LP investments or performance including analysis of themes and portfolios.
- In depth case studies related to Venture, Innovation or Entrepreneurship. This could be a VC fund, policy ideas and implementation, a specific partnership, supported theories in developing innovation centric organizations, including both those ideas of what has worked and which have been less successful and the conditions under which these different outcomes have arisen.
- The essential roles of public authorities in the making / funding of Venture or encouraging innovation.
- The venture socio and macroeconomic ecosystem, IP and regulatory aspects in venture etc.
Additional topics for awards may relate to:
- Venture Capital Contracting / Strategy.
- Corporate Venture Capital.
- New insights about Crowd funding.
- Venture Capital vs. Stock markets.
- Social and psychological effects on VC decisions.
- Deep innovation models.
The Coller Venture Awards Committee will review all nominations and determine awards in accordance with the above criteria. Winners will invited to “World Venture Forum” conference in Israel, (tentative dates 18-22 May 2014) where the winner will be publicly announced (the award can be used for travel expenses for if need be).
Send an email attached with the paper to email@example.com that includes the following information:
- Paper title, your full name, your email and academic institution together with other relevant contact details (Telephone, Skype, etc).
- List of 3-4 similar papers from the past, plus a short explanation about the main difference between these and the submitted paper.
For more information
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See https://www.collerinstituteofventure.org, grants and awards tabs.