(1) East vs. West Coast Contracts: Does Location Matter? — a guest post by Jennifer Kuan
(2) Call for a $10,000 CIV Research Award — Submission deadline: 31-Jul-2016
(3) New Zealand Venture Investment Fund Stops Investing Taxpayer Money — an editorial by Robyn Klingler-Vidra
(4) Staying on the City Growth Treadmill — a guest post by Rashik Parmar, IBM-UK Lead Cloud Advisor
(5) First Call for Papers on City Venture — writing grants offered to each accepted paper. Submission deadline: 12-Jul-2016
(6) The Role of Early IP in the Life of a Start-Up — a guest post by Shmuel Ur
(7) The Founder that Cannot Manage: The Case of Charles Babbage — a post by Nathan Zeldes
Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan, Executive Director
Coller Institute of Venture at Tel Aviv University
(1) East vs. West Coast Contracts: Does Location Matter? — Could a venture capitalist enjoy the same results from anywhere in the world? Some evidence suggests location matters. Contracts in Silicon Valley differ enormously from the rest of the world, reflecting differences in VC attitude and shedding a light on the Valley’s “secret sauce”.
See full item by Jennifer Kuan, CIV 2015 Research Grant Winner and part the CIV Policy strand.
See the call for awards and submit your paper
See full editorial by Robyn Klingler-Vidra, Head of the CIV Policy Strand
See full item by Rashik Parmar, part of our City Venture strand
See full item and submission guidelines
(6) The Role of Early IP in the Life of a Start-Up — Patents help companies raise money and increase their valuations. However, start-up founders are often too busy with the “here and now” – and it is for the investors to spark the brainstorming and drive the long-term thinking.
See full item by Shmuel Ur, part of our Deep Innovation strand
See full item by Nathan Zeldes, part of our History of Venture strand
(P.S.2) CIV Online Member Resources —
- Crowdfunding in Practice
- Can Market Bubbles Enhance Growth?
- About Butterflies and Geckos: How to Translate Innovation Into Product
And numerous additional videos, presentations and articles
Become a CIV member