I’m writing to share with you the top five latest updates published by CIV.
(1) Has the African Economic Growth Stalled — a guest post by Peter Stein
(2) Private Equity Isn’t All Bad — a guest post by Mark Humphery-Jenner
(3) EBRD Conference in Budapest | 9-10-Nov-2016 — featuring Prof. Yesha Sivan, Sir Vince Cable and Ms. Chiara Criscuolo
(4) Meet Dan Schechtman, Katharine Ku, Lita Nelsen and Dongmin Chen at UV2017HK — CIV members enjoy a special discount until 15-Nov-2016
(5) AVCJ Hong Kong Forum 2016 — a special rate available for CIV members
Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan, Executive Director
Coller Institute of Venture at Tel Aviv University
(1) Has the African Economic Growth Stalled — The IMF World Economic Outlook predicts a meager 1.4% growth rate for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2017 – the lowest since the early 1990’s. Will this be the end of the African leap of faith towards a new age of venture and innovation? Peter Stein, a noted expert on African economy, explains in a special guest post for CIV.
(3) EBRD Conference in Budapest – Reinvigorating Growth, Competitiveness and Investment — The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is organising a conference in Budapest on 9-10 November 2016, with the support of the Hungarian government on how to reinvigorate growth and investment in the EU member states
(4) Meet Dan Schechtman, Katharine Ku, Lita Nelsen and Dongmin Chen at UV2017HK — these and other world-renowned leaders of university venture will be speaking at the UV2017HK symposium in Hong Kong. Use promotional code KIMBERLEYST at registration until 15-Nov-2016 to enjoy a special admission price of USD165 (instead of USD260)
(5) AVCJ Hong Kong Forum 2016 — the largest and most influential private equity gathering in Asia. Join over 1,000 of the world’s leading GPs, LPs and other professionals for three days of quality discussions, speeches and networking, on 15-17-Nov-2016. A flat rate of USD1,295 for CIV members to attend the VC summit only.
(P.S.1) Share a Guest Post With the CIV Community — Members of our community wishing to share their news, insights or ideas in a guest post at the CIV website, are welcome to follow the guidelines for guest post submission.
(P.S.2) CIV Online Member Resources
* Measuring University Venture – A Proposed Framework
* Deep Innovation in the Medical Domain a la Boston’s CIMIT
* The Challenges of Deep Innovation from the American Academia to the Marketplace
And numerous additional videos, presentations, and articles
Become a CIV member