On January 28th, 2015, we co-hosted the first Lisbon-Tel Aviv Water Venture Workshop. The objective of our workshop was to connect industry, leading academic research and business initiatives relating to “water”.
The workshop was designed to provide many networking opportunities (as you can see in the short video of registration), as well as in depth talks on key topics (see the lecture of Mr Roy Wiesner).
For the Agenda and resources, please see below.
Connecting industry, leading academic research and business initiatives relating to “water”.
Wednesday 28th January 2015
ISCTE-IUL, Lisbon, Portugal
Local Host: Catarina Madeira, +351 91 964 25 35
List of Video Presentations
- HE Mrs. Tzipora Rimon, Ambassador of Israel to Portugal
- Professor Joseph (Yossi) Klafter, President of Tel Aviv University
Ocean Energy and Water Efficiency Technologies
- Marine Renewable Energies / Dr. Marco Alves
- Marine Renewable Energies / Dr. Ana Brito e Melo
- Marine Renewable Energies / Patrick Moller, M.Sc.
- Some Ocean Wave and Current Basics from an Engineer’s Perspective / Dr. Yaron Toledo
- Marine Robotic & Communication Systems / Dr. Joao Pedro Gomes
- Marine Robotic & Communication Systems / Dr. Paulo Felisberto
- Deep Sea Biology and Biofilm Technology / Dr. Raul Bettencourt
- Deep Sea Biology and Biofilm Technology / Dr. Cynthia Burzell
Combating Water Contamination, monitoring and treatment
- Moderator: Prof. Nuno Guimarães
- Wastewater Challenges and Treatment / Prof. Dror Avisar
- Technologies for Enhancing Soil Aquifer Treatment for Water Reclamation / Dr. Hadas Mamane
- Water Pipe Networks Monitoring by Aquarius Spectrum / Mr. Zeev Efrat
- Water Monitoring and Forecasting Technologies / Dr. Rogerio Nogueira
- Water Monitoring and Forecasting Technologies / Dr. Marcos Mateus
Panel – Towards Water Venture
- Prof. Eli Talmor, Moderator / Prof. Jose P. Esperanca / Roy Wiesner, M.Sc. / Mr. Zeev Efrat / Prof. Antonio Sarmento